Search This Blog

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Sleep is for the weak and intelligent

At this point, I've been awake for 22 hours. I have to report for work in 45 minutes. I'll be there from 6:45am to 2pm.

Then sleep.

Tonight was Old Empire's Metro Times Blowout gig. Everything went fairly well. It felt good playing. Had a nice response from the crowd [during and after]. We got lucky and a lot of nice people stumbled in on our show, and though most of them only stayed for 3 or so songs, all seemed to be having a good time. We were headliners at Skippers [or "Skipper's" - there were two signs with two different spellings. One of which had me picturing 1950's children skipping along, the other had me thinking about Gilligan]. Our scheduled play time was 1am to last call.

All in all, a decent night for Old E.

Julie and I killed time before bands by drawing penises on pictures in the Metro Times. I know it's childish, but sometimes it's the best and funniest way to make the clock hands move around a little quicker.

I think Julie took pictures of us tonight. I know I took a few before we went on. If there are any worth seeing, I'll post them.

Sadly, none of the bands I saw tonight really stuck out. A couple bands had a couple decent songs, but I kept feeling bored. Maybe it was me. Maybe I was just not feeling like seeing a show tonight... who knows.

My coffee pot is beeping. Time to down pot of java number two before I drive to hell, I mean... Hell [It's a place. A terrible, awful, no good, life sucking place. It should be capitalized.]



Cheers!

Here's to sleeplessness. Here's to no one covering your shift even when you need it off.

Here's to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment