Search This Blog

Thursday, March 18, 2010

AIM

So, I went on AIM today.
You remember AIM?
That instant messenger service everyone was so obsessed with, pre-social networking explosion days? And even now, people are getting sick of Facebook and Myspace and just tweeting all the time now, and using chatroulette. Almost like we're going backwards.
Now we're back in chat rooms like AOL 3.0, and instant messaging through twitter to no one really.

I went on AIM to see if anything would happen.
Nothing did, so I left.
Still saw people on my buddy list signed on. I wondered if those people just have their old computer from 2001 stuck in a warp somewhere, and because of that they're still on AIM. Their screen name still sits on buddy lists being unnoticed and unused.


Anyway.

Just felt weird about AIM, and needed somewhere to blow off steam about it.


In other news, recently found out about this site called BandCamp and it's the Cat's Ass. It's a music streaming site, but it is so clean and has so many nice features. You have to check it out to see what I mean. And if you're a musician, then you'll love it even more. The site caters to the bands as well as the fans. It's just really, really neat. Here's their home page so you can watch the little explain-er video.
www.bandcamp.com

I uploaded the entire "Matilda" (my solo music) catalog to it over the last couple days. Here's the link to that. All 10 albums are free and available at the highest quality.
http://matilda.bandcamp.com/

And here's a nifty little player.

<a href="http://matilda.bandcamp.com/album/people-only-listen-to-recycled-music">Dream Catchers and Well Drinks by Matilda</a>



Other music news: Matilda will most likely be playing a show next Friday. I'm not sure of the details just yet. All I really know is that it's a house party and Chelsea Schirmer invited me to play it with her [as well as some other acoustic-ish performers], for it'll be her last show in the Detroit area.

Old Empire has a show this Saturday at the Lager House. And we picked up another show next Sunday, but I don't remember where.

Spring has sprung and so has my creativity!



Aside from that, we sold the cougar the day after we put it on Craigslist. 500 bucks. Felt really good about that when it happened.
I'm still slightly sick, and it's been over a week. It'll be 2 weeks of not being 100% on Sunday of this week. It's been really weird. I haven't been sick like this in quite some time.

This is all for now... I'll leave you with some strange Matilda related pictures.


My twin brother Fred Durst Wisniewski



Easter 2008 basement show.


Recording the cover album "Blankets and Quilts" with Fred and Ryan.



Random guitar track picture.




Enjoy the music!

No comments:

Post a Comment