Search This Blog

Monday, February 22, 2010

Hello Kentucky. . . Ya'll

Julie and I made it to Williamsburg KY from Tampa FL in just about 11 hours today. We left my Dad's at around 9:30am and drove until 11:30pm. Stopped in at the top of Florida for lunch. Then took an hour break at a strip mall right outside of Atlanta for fear of hitting rush hour. Went through 2 rain storms, and 2 traffic jams. For dinner, we went to an Applebee's somewhere near the top of Tennessee. Had a strange exchange with the waitress.

Her: What'll ya'll have?
Me: Coffee, water. To eat I'll have the quesadilla burger.
Her: Alright then. Cream and sugar?
Me: No.
Her: Some french fries then?
Me: Sure.
Her: Pink or not pink?
Me: Ummm. I'm sorry, what?
Her: You want pink or no?
Me: I don't know what that means.
Her: How's it cooked?
Me: ...How's wha--
Her: The burger... Pink on the inside, or not?
Me: Oh. Pink.

Am I strange for never having heard of this? What happened to rare, medium rare, medium, medium well, and well done? When did they all get lumped into two categories, one being "pink", and one being "not pink"?

God damn confederates.

Anyhow. With luck Julie and I will be home tomorrow [Tuesday] before 5pm.

When I got in the rental this morning it was 72 and sunny. Going to bed, it's 43 and foggy. Tomorrow's forecast is pavement.

No comments:

Post a Comment